Chicken feed

upschittscreek

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2017
I have goats and chickens and a few of my chickens got in with the goats and are eating the goat food I have taken them out over and over again but they keep returning and eating the goats food it is (country companion all stock blend) do you think it will hurt them it is 15% protein

Goats shouldn't get that much ration where they don't clean it up right away. Your chickens will be fine eating the goat feed. They may or may not lay less because of it. Most chickens a few decades ago survived on seconds and leftovers.

I wish, they won't eat chicken food now they will only eat the goat food lol not sure if it will hurt them they are laying eggs in the goat house.

Do the chickens eat oyster shell or ground up egg shell for calcium? I believe goat food is lower in calcium so I would make sure to provide some. I'm surprised the goat did not chase them away from the food. I also have chickens and a goat. My goat doesn't share much of her food.

I figured they would chase them out also but they dont, the eat at the same time and all sleep in the same bed lol the last time I removed the chickens one of the goats tried to head butt me so I just leave them lol according to the bag of goat feed it's 15% protein is that enough for them and the get grit and oyster she'll all the time.

If it's not enough protein what else can I give them to up the protein amount that won't hurt the goats if they eat it

Back
Top Bottom