Chicken food

i have not. We’ve been spending top dollar on non gmo but they shovel out more than they eat.
I’ll attach a pic of the feeder. We had another flock and they never wasted food like the ones we have now. Was looking to find a brand other people use with success.

Attachments

• 4E7EF25F-7E3B-460D-BFEE-906B4A50A928.jpeg
    4E7EF25F-7E3B-460D-BFEE-906B4A50A928.jpeg
    959.7 KB · Views: 11
I tried Kalmbach feed and the chickens seem to like it. I use a Grandpa's Feeder. The chickens step on a platform to open the lid to have access to the feed. When they step off of it closes the lid. I wasn't sure if it would work but I am glad I got it now. The birds got used to it and learned how to get the feed. It is designed for them to not waste the food. I got the feeder because I had a heavy wild bird problem as they were eating a lot of chicken feed. That problem was eliminated.

I tried Kalmbach feed and the chickens seem to like it. I use a Grandpa's Feeder. The chickens step on a platform to open the lid to have access to the feed. When they step off of it closes the lid. I wasn't sure if it would work but I am glad I got it now. The birds got used to it and learned how to get the feed. It is designed for them to not waste the food. I got the feeder because I had a heavy wild bird problem as they were eating a lot of chicken feed. That problem was eliminated.
Thank you- I will check that out!!

I had this issue so I crumbled a few pellets smaller and also crumbled a couple of meal worms and mixed them in, the layer pellets are now the ‘first’ thing my 8 very fussy girls go to eat when I let them out of their coop first thing in the morning, no meal worms or crumbling needed now, it took just a week !

I feed layer pellets. I cant imagine your birds being able to effectively scatter feed from that feeder though. Sometimes I have to remind myself that chickens will be chickens and they're going to eat stuff off the ground no matter how hard you try to avoid it. As long as food isnt rotting, I personally wouldnt be too worried.

I feed layer pellets. I cant imagine your birds being able to effectively scatter feed from that feeder though. Sometimes I have to remind myself that chickens will be chickens and they're going to eat stuff off the ground no matter how hard you try to avoid it. As long as food isnt rotting, I personally wouldnt be too worried.
They shovel it out and don’t eat it- that’s the problem. I think they are high maintenance - lol!! They want me to feed them vegs and fruit.

Back
Top Bottom