Is Big R Country Companion Organic? All Flock Pellets

Nadilli

Songster
May 3, 2021
SE New Mexico USA
My Coop
My Coop
Is Big R Country Companion Organic? All Flock Pellets and sometimes scratch grains, I sell some eggs locally and am wondering if CC is classified as organic or not, so I know what labels I can put on my eggs. If they are not, its fine, I just wont call them organic. I have some people asking specifically for organic eggs due to allergies and I am unsure as to if my eggs would be classified as organic or not.
I have been feeding Nutrena All Flock pellets, but am going to switch to Big R's brand due to the difficulty of getting it consistently where I live.
Thank you in advance! I have ducks and chickens, so I switched from Nutrena layer pellets to all flock when I got ducks 2 years ago and everyone is laying good hard eggs.
My birds are in a large enclosed run, they also get yard clippings and some table scraps.

It does not say either way, all I can find is the ingredient list, but it doesn't say if the ingredients are organic or not. I am leaning towards not, but I'm unsure?

ic_1585169888_800x_false.jpg
country companion all flock.png

Unless your birds have always eaten organic and live in a coop that isn't made of some kind of treated lumber, they and their eggs will never be organic. Best you can say is 'fed with organic diet'.
Which even that isn't 100% accurate since they eat bugs and leaves that arent.

I sell some eggs locally and am wondering if CC is classified as organic or not, so I know what labels I can put on my eggs. If they are not, its fine, I just wont call them organic. I have some people asking specifically for organic eggs due to allergies and I am unsure as to if my eggs would be classified as organic or not.
You must be certified organic to use "organic" on any labeling. That's more than just what they're fed - you need to apply for certification from the USDA in order to use the label: https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/organic-certification/becoming-certified

The feed you use is not labeled organic so it would not be.

Back
Top Bottom