Chicken has seizures

If I remember correctly, she lived about a year. Its true that it can be a nutritional deficiency... if there is some problem with the egg or growing within the egg it can cause problems that sometimes can be remedied within the first few months of life. Best wishes to you and her!

The two I had with crazy chick syndrome got it from eating rancid food, I think. Both got better after two days of vitamin E. The rancid food was a very oily turkey crumble that I had just purchased. Thought about sending it off to UC Davis for analysis, but never got around to doing it. Sigh...

-Kathy

Dixie Chic did not have a seizure today. I noticed the change as soon as I changed their feed this weekend. More energetic and happy plus no seizure or crazy behavior. Yayy She also lives grapes
1f604.png
1f413.png
1f413.png

Dixie Chic did not have a seizure today. I noticed the change as soon as I changed their feed this weekend. More energetic and happy plus no seizure or crazy behavior. Yayy She also lives grapes
1f604.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
Thxs everyone for the advice.

Thxs everyone. Dixie chic is doing better once we changed her feed. I also started giving her some fruit as a treat. Haven't seen her have any episodes. She seems happier to.

If you don't mind, what had you been feeding and what did you switch to?
I was feeding her the medicated chick starter (MannaPro) Now I feed them (Dumor) Scratch Backyard poultry. It made a big difference. She was having seizure like behavior at least 8 or more times a day. Now she is bubbly and chiper and running all over the place with no episodes what so ever.
1f604.png
1f413.png
Happy chicken.

I was feeding her the medicated chick starter (MannaPro) Now I feed them (Dumor) Scratch Backyard poultry. It made a big difference. She was having seizure like behavior at least 8 or more times a day. Now she is bubbly and chiper and running all over the place with no episodes what so ever.
1f604.png
1f413.png
Happy chicken.

I'm glad she's not having fits any more. If you are only feeding scratch grains though, you might be trading one problem for another. Scratch isn't a complete feed. I would try a non-medicated grower feed from a different brand than MannaPro and see how she does on that.

Glad she is doing well!
Are you only feeding Scratch now or are you using it to supplement regular poultry feed?
Did you give her any added vitamins/probiotics in her water etc.?

Back
Top Bottom