Chicken LORE Project - Find & Submit Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances

Can I just throw in a huge
thumbsup.gif
bow.gif
and
hugs.gif
to Coopa Cabana and LareePQG for all their amazing work on this project!?!?!?

If we had peeps like them working on every BYC project we have in store we'd really have a Chicken In Every Yard!

A gigantic THANK YOU to both of them from me, the Staff and all our community and hundreds of thousands of visitors (now and in the years to come).

We're just a week into this project and look how much we've all accomplished with their help!
woot.gif

Aw Gees, Thanx Nifty!! I'm glad to be able to contribute, and I'm learning sooooooooo much . . . not just about the laws and ordinances, but I've picked up a lot of computer stuff along the way, too!! And I would be sorely remiss if I didn't say what a great experience it is to be able to work side-by-side with not only you and LareePQG, but also with the entire BYC community to make this a success. What a great group of folks this is!!

If there's a Guiness World Record for the biggest, most accurate compilation of Chicken L.O.R.E., I hope they're watching!!!

Awww shucks, Nifty. You are welcome. I think this sort of resource is invaluable and I have had a lot fun working with you and Coopa Cabana! Allthough I suspect there will be a unseen side effect of this project...

At work I am known as The Crazy Chicken Lady. Now at BYC I will be known as The Crazy Municiple Code Lady.
hu.gif

I just submitted Colorado Springs. The box for NO Roosters didn't take. Tried again - Now there are two Colorado Springs entries and both say Roosters Unknown.

Edit... Now the second one looks correct.

John

Last edited:
One also has to be mindful of restrictive covenants in their subdivisions, even though a city approves chickens, they may have a restriction in the area of the city they live. We have a 30-year old covenant here in the unincorporated area where we live, a semi-rural area, but it is in there that you can't keep chickens. We have 25 hens and another 25 peeps, not to mention 20 meatie chicks right now. The neighbors also help out with the care when we are vacating as well.
big_smile.png

HOLY COWBELLS!

It has been less than a week, and we have 35% of the cities on the list submitted and verified! I am FLOORED at the great response we have gotten with this project.
th.gif
Thank you so much for participating everyone!

BYC members ROCK!
yippiechickie.gif

Hey...I am working on Northern Arizona...I should know about the area anyways. Can I do one for Yavapai County..all of the county that isn't in the city has the same codes?? I already know this because I live in the county

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes. Just make sure you write "Yavapai County" in the city field and have valid (first hand information) links.

Back
Top Bottom