Chicken LORE Project - Find & Submit Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances

I updated the Oklahoma City one because it's incorrect. Chickens ARE allowed in OKC, but only if you have at least one acre and keep the coop 200' from dwellings. The current listing makes it appear that they're legal in general, but many of us are still fighting the city over it. I just don't want to see anyone get into trouble by assuming they're allowed to have chickens.

Quote:
Folks-- Please do not submit cities that are already entered in the database. It makes the system hiccup and is a PITA to fix. Just PM one of the project managers and we make updates.

this is a great idea i just had to deal with someone about my chickens i live in KC mo, i didn't put my coop 100ft away so now i have to move but the only reason i put it only 80ft away is because the people next to us didn't care but i guess the guy who lived two house down did even though it way over 100ft from his house , i would love to change the 100ft rule 80ft is fine sorry you didn't like to look at my chicken coop from porch you don't have to look. think more people should be able to have chickens they are great to have very fun i think better than dogs!!!

El Paso County Colorado (Colorado Springs rural regions)
RR-5 zoning (5 acres - 35 acres) in association with a Hobby Farm
Chickens are considered Livestock. Subject to any more restrictive covenants or HOA rules, no limit. Normal setbacks required for buildings, no excessive or offensive noise and or odors. Animals must be secured within the bournadies of the property. Varified via phone conversation with county zoning office.

My city...Ranson, WV is chicken friendly too! The ordinance says you can have up to 25 chickens within the city. Only other ordinance is you can NOT allow them to be at large. You must obey all ordinances in effect or future ones.

I'm from California in buena park and can you keep chickens in buena park?? question is for those who live in buena park or have been living in buena park please let me know and how many if i can keep chickens.

Back
Top Bottom