Chicken LORE Project - Find & Submit Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances

Quote:
frow.gif

so who posted it without that major stipulation.
i have 40 chickens in OKC because of Misinfo (my fault really should have double checked)

one of my neighbors told me they where illegal i said no and after actually looking i saw section C. LMFAO.
im sure shell call the city.
ohwell most are ready for the freezer any ways. (dam though dont want to dispatch unnecessarily (the ones that are still super small, and are not meat birds)

Quote:
I am not sure what you are saying...Are you saying you got mis-information, or is MisInfo a user name, or there is misinformation in the LORE database?

Please see the OKC section---it does include the acreage information.

C. The site shall be at least at least one acre in size.

Also- Folks: Please do not "resubmit" a city you feel is incorrect or incomplete. The system hiccups and most folks cannot see both submittals in the database.​

Last edited:
Hello, I live in small town called Valrico, FL which is outside of the city of Tampa, FL. I'm trying to find the chicken ordinance for my area but no luck. I was looking under my county of Hillsborough County, FL on www.municode.com but no luck...mostly stuff about dogs and cats only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
smile.png

I live in Wallingford CT, and we are allowed to have up to 10 hens no roosters we do not need a permit the requirements are to make sure you have them at least 150' from your neighbor house.

Quote:
Feel free to submit the city to the database. Be sure you read the instructions and post direct links, not PDFs, as your references.

I am a fairly new backyard chicken owner and just recently found out that I have been an outlaw, a law breaker for owning....chickens??!! We got a violation from code enforcement and the officer told us the best way to try and get the law changed is to contact our District Commissioner. I am ready to write a letter, call or whatever I need to do to get this situation changed. I would like any help that anyone can give me on the best way to compose this very important letter. Can anyone supply me with examples of how they first started? We want to have the right to keep our birds. It is crazy that people can own a dangerous dog or a python or even a monkey....and it is our CHICKENS that get on the WANTED posters:/
I am going into battle for those in Lee County Florida (specifically in Lehigh Acres).....who is with me????

Quote:
If you are looking for help, you would be better off posting a thread int he Laws in ordinaces section, rather than posting a question within this monster thread
wink.png

I am pretty sure the only people who read this thread are Nifty, CC, and me
big_smile.png

Hi everyone !
smile.png
I've been trying to find information regarding Whittier, Ca. I'm in the unincorporated South Whittier area, Los Angeles county. I've been looking for days and can't really get a for sure answer. 3 blocks away they are allowed chickens (think those were grandfathered in) but I can't seem to find anything for my specific area.(other side of a high school) I would love to keep a few, but until I know for sure I don't want to spend the money on the equipment that goes along with keeping them. I though of just getting a few of the quieter breeds but don't want to take the chance of getting in trouble and losing the birds after my family gets too attached to them, especially my g-daughter. Any information is much appreciated!
Thank you!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom