Chicken LORE Project - Find & Submit Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances

deejay- all references for the LORE project need to be electronic and direct links. IE- no PDF files or jpegs.

well then i really screwd up. is there a way to fix my post? i probably need to edit it. it just that the laws are simplely understood but 2 pages long. i don't have a online resource. i tried for months to find one before i went to the courthouse.

first my crazy neighbor calls animal control saying I have abused my chickens then she calls the city zoning...
you can hear her dogs down the street you can barely hear my chickens in my yard

1313103798-picsay.jpg

Seagoville, Texas is a chicken friendly city.
smile.png

Here is the local ordinance as to what you can have within the city limits.

Sec. 5.01.008 Area and distance requirements for keeping livestock and fowl

It shall be unlawful for any person within the corporate limits of the city with less than one (1) fenced acre of accessible roaming space to keep or have, on his own or rented premises, any livestock, including cows, horses, mules, jacks, jennies, goats, sheep, or chickens or other poultry; provided, however, that, for each acre of property, an owner shall be permitted to keep a unit of livestock, consisting of a mother and offspring under the age of six (6) months, or up to twenty (20) chickens or other poultry; and provided further that, in all cases, such livestock or poultry shall be kept at a distance further than one hundred (100) feet from the nearest private residence building or public building. (1977 Code, sec. 4-5)

Just thought that I would let LORE know about this little city.
smile.png

Quote:
Sacramento allows chickens. You can see their LORE entry here :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/laws/display.php?State=CA&City=Sacramento&actions=search

FOLKS---if your city is not in the LORE database, feel free to submit your city, provided you have a direct link to the code itself. PDFs and Pics are NOT allowed.

IF your city is already in the LORE Database, then DO NOT re-enter the city. It makes the system hiccup and is a pain to fix. If you see a city that needs a change---holler at me. I will get it.
wink.png

I live in Mystic Ct, on the Groton side and hope to get a few layers, however I'm not sure of the legality of this plan, zoning has yet to call back... Does anyone know Grotons stance on backyard chickens?

Back
Top Bottom