Chicken LORE Project - Find & Submit Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances

Why doesn't San Leandro allow chickens?! Also, to the people who secretly keep chickens in general, how do you do it?
tongue.png

Quote:
Sacramento allows chickens. You can see their LORE entry here :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/laws/display.php?State=CA&City=Sacramento&actions=search

FOLKS---if your city is not in the LORE database, feel free to submit your city, provided you have a direct link to the code itself. PDFs and Pics are NOT allowed.

IF your city is already in the LORE Database, then DO NOT re-enter the city. It makes the system hiccup and is a pain to fix. If you see a city that needs a change---holler at me. I will get it.
wink.png

They do already allow chickens, but they passed a new ordinance that allows more areas in the city to have them.

http://www.qcode.us/codes/sacramento/

Click on Code Alert - Recently passed ordinances on the left frame. It will pop up a list. The one you are looking for is 2011-039.

RedRiver

Quote:
The LORE database cannot track all the zoning restrictions for each municipality. Which is why most of the entries say "ZONING RESTRICTIONS APPLY."

Thank you so much i have been trying to find the laws for Florence oregon and keep getting the run around .

But it looks like i can have 1 per 500 SF.

ill call again tomarrow and find out to double check since i do also raise pixie bobs cats and that was a huge fight ...

Tammy

I have spent months looking for something online concerning Yucca Valley/San Bernardino County (I'm not in town and am considered San Bernardino County) I have come up with zip, zilch and nada! I did talk to a county animal control officer though. He told me I can have 12 hens and I think 2 rooster per acre. This means I can have 58.44 hens and 9.74 roosters. I just really wish I could find it in writing!

I live in pittsburg, Ca and I was look at the city laws and it says "7.08.030 Keeping of livestock, fowl and bees restricted.
No person may keep livestock, fowl or bees within the city except where allowed under PMC Title 18. [Ord. 1025 § 1, 1991.]" Since it says, except where allowed under PMC Title 18. I tried finding the exception and I can't find it. Can anyone help me?
fl.gif

Quote:
Not much help here - I found the list of ordinances, but I can't find the text of the ordinances. You need to call and see if you can get the text for municipal ordinance 1025.

1024 (Number not used)
1025 Amends Ch. 7.08, animals, fowl and
bees (7.08)

1026 Amends §§ 18.08.060, 18.54.010,
18.58.020, Arts. 6 and 12 of Ch. 18.84

ETA: I followed the links in the code a bit farther - Title 18 is the Zoning Regulations. So you will have to read thru the Zoning regs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom