Chicken Math Strikes Again

Chicken math! My husband and I just got into a chicken math war. Next week my farm store will have the Black Australorp chicks I want to add to my flock. I asked him if he can pick up 2 while I'm at work. He said we need 12. I countered 4. He shot back 9. We met at 6! So here students, you can see how 1 + 1 = 6
UPDATE: Called the farm store ahead to check for stock. They estimated 7 BAs left. Instructed hubby to go ahead and get the 7th so it wouldn't be left by itself. He comes home with 8. One turned out to be a cockerel :barnieRecalculating . . . . . . . . . . . .

UPDATE: Called the farm store ahead to check for stock. They estimated 7 BAs left. Instructed hubby to go ahead and get the 7th so it wouldn't be left by itself. He comes home with 8. One turned out to be a cockerel :barnieRecalculating . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm REALLY crossing my fingers I don't end up with another Cockerel this year. We've already got one (Moose)... He's enough! Poor Butters last year went straight to the soup pot...

True! At the risk of derailing the topic, I wonder how many of us in urban or suburban settings are over our municipally-set limit. I know I am. I took in three over the winter when a friend had to move.

I'm fortunate to live in a rural town (however we are in a neighborhood). We bribe the neighbors with eggs... that keeps them happy :p

Back
Top Bottom