Chicken meowing softly, sneezing and wheezing.

Miss use of Antibiotics can cause a disruption of the chicken microflora. The antibiotics kills all the good beneficial microbes that keep the fungi ( which antibiotics do not affect) in this case the use of antibiotic can cause a yeast infection in the chicken crop and digestive tract! If you decide to give antibiotics makes hour to give here probiotics for 5 dates after the treatment.

Ok thank you. I'm not sure if im going to yet, her mouth and throat are fine except its pale, one of the other hens is picking on her. She is eating and drinking. I hope she lives through whatever it is.

I brought her inside, she is in a dog carrier, in my storage room. Should i keep her in here, or put her back outside? It does look like her right nostril has yellow crust/booger. But, could one clogged nostril cause this? I tried warm water and peroxide on a Q tip to get the booger out and it just made it softer and it moved a little it. im going to keep trying to get it out.

I got it out, or at least some of it, she is still wheezing/making cat noise, but it is quieter and much less than before. Maybe she has another booger farther back in her nose?

Last edited:
Good luck and keep me informed on her condition please.

I think i took part of her nose off!!!! I just wiped gently with a Q tip!! the other side didn't fall off when i did it.......i thought it was a booger, but now she just looks like she has a much bigger nostril hole on the right side and the left side is much smaller. Awww no, i don't know what to do!!

Last edited:
I mean if you just wiped it with a Qtip it probably would've came off sooner or later. It is ok. Keep us updated sorry I can't help
1f614.png

I mean if you just wiped it with a Qtip it probably would've came off sooner or later. It is ok. Keep us updated sorry I can't help
1f614.png

There is this one hen who keeps chasing her away and biting her :( The others aren't bothering her. I think there is quite a few different things going on

Update, she is the same as before, she seemed fine and was eating a lot. Not making much noise, but she is back at it. I tried to put her back outside and she ran to be by herself and stayed hidden. I really think she might die

She sounds like she is having stridor in the video in your edited post after I first responded. That can be from a foreign body in the airway, but also can be due to mucus or swelling in the airway from a respiratory disease. Have you seen any signs of a disease before? The blocked nostril may be mucus or feed, or both. It's good that you cleaned it out, and that she was eating. Antibiotics such as Tylan, oxytetracycline, or the tetracycline can be used to treat bacterial or mycoplasmal infections. Other viral infections will have to run their course, but the Duramycin could help to prevent secondary infections. I would only treat the one sick chicken, not the others. I hope she is better by morning.

She sounds like she is having stridor in the video in your edited post after I first responded. That can be from a foreign body in the airway, but also can be due to mucus or swelling in the airway from a respiratory disease. Have you seen any signs of a disease before? The blocked nostril may be mucus or feed, or both. It's good that you cleaned it out, and that she was eating. Antibiotics such as Tylan, oxytetracycline, or the tetracycline can be used to treat bacterial or mycoplasmal infections. Other viral infections will have to run their course, but the Duramycin could help to prevent secondary infections. I would only treat the one sick chicken, not the others. I hope she is better by morning.

I started treating her with the Duramycin 10 (tetracycline) a couple of hours ago, i hope it helps. Do you know how long it should take to see results? I checked her throat and it looked pale pink, there was some saliva bubbles or what looked like saliva bubbles. She wasn't very cooperative even though she is lethargic. I put her onto to the perch and she hopped up to the one above it, her tail is just hanging down. I afraid ill wake up and she is going be dead, i don't know what could've happened she was fine and it's bothering how quickly she went from normal to this. Also she has been sneezing, all 6 of my chickens have, but they've been doing it for over a month, so i passed it off to allergies because there weren't any other symptoms. All the others are fine, so far.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom