Chicken "mutt" club!!!

Pics
Well I didnt do the float test. I did take them out to candle them and noticed a bad smell. So... I made a small hole in the egg where the air cell is and didnt see any movement. I started to take the eggs apart and the chicks inside are dead. Dont know what went wrong :'( The yolks are still pretty big on their tummies if I have to guess just from the research I have done they died on day 17-18 maybe sooner. Really sucks I dont under stand what went wrong. Did I do something wrong or are they just early quitters? The air cell was the same size as the other eggs were.

Sometimes its genetic or something was just not developing inside them properly....like a miscarriage. Don't fret, I don't think you did anything wrong. Think of it like they were weak & just weren't meant to live. Be glad the ones you have are beautiful & healthy! Enjoy the new lives you brought into your world!

Sometimes its genetic or something was just not developing inside them properly....like a miscarriage. Don't fret, I don't think you did anything wrong. Think of it like they were weak & just weren't meant to live. Be glad the ones you have are beautiful & healthy! Enjoy the new lives you brought into your world!
X2

Updated pic of my Mutt Peep. It is around 4 mths old At first I thought it was a roo. Now I'm not so sure what do y'all think? No crowing or pointy feathers at the base of its tell or neck.

Updated pic of my Mutt Peep. It is around 4 mths old At first I thought it was a roo. Now I'm not so sure what do y'all think? No crowing or pointy feathers at the base of its tell or neck.

I would still guess roo. Those tail feathers are getting way too long and there is that curvey green one coming down on one side. Check the saddle feathers by picking one up and putting them over your hand. If they are pointed... boy.

What is the mix? I could be one that has red hens.. I haven't seen any of my girls with this coloring, but if its Rhode Island it might be red.. but I don't think the girls get that black tail.

I would still guess roo.  Those tail feathers are getting way too long and there is that curvey green one coming down on one side.  Check the saddle feathers by picking one up and putting them over your hand.  If they are pointed... boy.

What is the mix?  I could be one that has red hens.. I haven't seen any of my girls with this coloring, but if its Rhode Island it might be red.. but I don't think the girls get that black tail.
I believe it is a RIR /game mix. Very sweet to my family and other chicks. I don't mind a roo, but can't have a fighter. I have hand checked it and found no pointy feathers.

Back
Top Bottom