Chicken myths and old wives' tales, please!

yuckyuck.gif

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Telll me it's not sooo!

This is not a "wives tale" but it is funny and sad...I know a woman who has a master degree in nursing and her father who is a computer program engineer. They both thought that eggs were dairy products.
th.gif
Yep it's true! Wanna know why? Cause they were in the dairy section at the grocery store.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Hmm...I think there's some leg-pulling going on here...............wanna know how I know?

Cuz chickens don't have hands!
lau.gif
D.gif

Of course the don't have hands.... That's why my chickens use the flashlights that clip to the bill of their caps.

Quote:
lol.png

Well, it's music to MY ears!
gig.gif

Don't tell me you ACTUALLY think of it as a 'song"?
lol.png

Lol, I think most people are joking about it, but some don't seem to realize that it's actually a warning call, and not some sort of song. It's even funnier to me when people who are new to chickens ask about it, and others answer in the most serious way about the 'egg song'.
lol.png
Who cares though? It's pretty hilarious thinking of it as a song even if it isn't!
tongue.png

As gryeyes pointed out, no one said they were good singers. But yes, i do think of it as a song.
tongue2.gif

Quote:
I supose next you will tell me they don't really do the chicken dance either!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Well of COURSE they do the chicken dance! Sheesh, I'm not that crazy! Personally, most of my chickens are proficient in both hip-hop and contemporary dance. Recently, my pullet Holly has gotten into ballet as well, but I'm afraid some of the other chickens have been discouraging her from pursuing it. I'll have to remember to reprimand them for that.

Last edited:
Quote:
I supose next you will tell me they don't really do the chicken dance either!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Well of COURSE they do the chicken dance! Sheesh, I'm not that crazy! Personally, most of my chickens are proficient in both hip-hop and contemporary dance. Recently, my pullet Holly has gotten into ballet as well, but I'm afraid some of the other chickens have been discouraging her from pursuing it. I'll have to remember to reprimand them for that.

gig.gif

I think my chickens are all a buncha head-bangers. But that's probably my fault. I put the coop boom box out of their reach so they can't change the station!

lau.gif

Quote:
lol.png
No....Don't tell me you really, seriously think it's a song??? I've observed and studied chickens for too long to not have some idea what it is. There's a great article in BackYard Poultry magazine that talks about different theories that I very much agree with: you should check it out (sorry I forgot the issue #....it was a recent one)! Never ever EVER did I hear it called a 'song' until I came across this forum, and I NEVER thought of it as that.
lau.gif
But I think that's a conversation for another time and place.
wink.png

Now, I'm off to give my chickens a stern talking-too (again!). Rico wants to start tap this Saturday but his bros are laughing at him. Shame on them!
big_smile.png

yazzo? when he gets it down real good will you put it on here so we can see, I've never seen a chicken do jazz, my roo when he dances looks like an Indian war dancer:
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom