Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

Pics
In addition to my existing flock, I now have another rooster, Pittsburgh - The name had been given to him by the breeder, and I didn't want to change it :) His 3 game hens we dubbed Charlotte, Savannah, and Cherokee (figured to keep the city-name-theme going :)

Bella, white bearded silkie hen
Tortilla, white (off-white to yellow) silkie hen
Leila, white silkie hen

We brought home ten silkie chicks about a month ago and the kids have given them non-gender specific names while guess who's going to turn out to be what. Here's hoping I don't end up with a flock full of roos who don't get along because my children will not let me rehome any of them. :) The names are:

Cottonball (white)
Flame (buff)
Lou (buff)
Peep (buff)
Flee (buff, didn't make it poor little guy)
Blizzard (splash)
Snow (splash)
Thunder (splash)
Lightening (splash)
and ....
Professor Fluffles (partridge-colored chick who's getting solid black feathers now)

Elizabeth (white Pekin Bantam)
Millie (Lavender Pekin Bantam)
Betty (Mottled Pekin Bantam)
Tilly (Black Pekin Bantam with silver collar)

These are my new girlies. I am also getting some little RIR bantams in the next couple of weeks.

Saffy x

I'm not sure what breeds my hens are but their names are Isabel (the grey one), Pricilla (fawn colored), and Starbright (black with white speckles). My grandgirls helped name them =)

Our Easter Eggers
Penguin (was black with a white face as a chick)
Morrio (named by 3 year old)
Cauliflower (all white as a chick)
Pepper Ann (she's like one in a millionnnn!)

RIR
Peanut Butter

RIW
Dorothy
Blanche

Buff Orpingtons
Buttercup (I also call her Ginger, like the lead chicken from Chicken Run, she's mischief!), and the other 4 are identical and all named Butterscotch

ISA Browns
Izzy-she's my buddy, I can't go into the yard without stopping to pet her. The other 2 still look the same to me, we call them Isa and Isa

Mabel, Pearl, Violet, Ruby, Peggy & Annie
love.gif

Kellogg was named by my husband, for his favorite cereal brand.
Porquette is my step daughters creation. She loves and wanted a piglet. When told no, she decided to name her chick "Porky". I suggested adding "ette" to make it more feminine. The Q was her idea. I love the name, always getting comments since she is the smaller of the two. :p

Dutchess- black australorp hen
Endive- golden campine hen
Pearl- minorca hen
Goosey- blue andalusian
Pumpkin Puff- buff orp
Daloris- columbian wyandotte
Glados- Blr wyandotte
Maple- Ameracauna
Reptar- Barred rock rooster.

Back
Top Bottom