Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

Barred Rock - Missy Eggliot
EE - Chikky Minaj
EE - Lil' Hen
RIR - Left Wing Lopez
RIR - Lady Bocboc
Buff Orp - Bocyoncè
Australorp - Rebecka Black

My lovely wife has an affinity for female Rap/Pop stars. We are adding more hens in the spring, so we spend a lot of car time trying to figure out new names. The low hanging fruit has been picked.

I have two ida browns and thwir names are nugget and squawk. Haha ! Onc2 I get more additions to the little egg factory I glt goin on here ill name them TERRIaki and maybe roti short for rottisserie. Hha and cajjun, and I also wanna get a bantam roo and name him boss.:lol:lol

Mozzarella (Ella) is our ten-month-old white silkie hen. I gave her two eggs to hatch when she went broody. The now-four-week old chicks were named Despereaux by my eight-year-old daughter and Gorgonzilla by my eleven-year-old daughter. I'm not sure why she decided to smash "Gorgonzola" and "Godzilla" together into a name for a sweet little chick.

I keep leghorns, usually one at a time in my small flock, they are always called Missy Piggy. Because they are piggys.

They're in my signature, but I'll post them anyway. ^_^

Gilly - Red Star
Sam - Black Australorp
Hatake - Coronation Sussex
Uhura - Gold-Laced Wyandotte
Dori (roll the 'r') - White Crested Black Polish
Mustard - ISA Brown

love.gif

I currently only have 2 hens, a roo, and 5 peepers. However, I used to have dozens - I'm working my way back up to that. lol

My current roo is named Elvis. I've only had him for 3 1/2 days. I'm trying to nurse him back to health after he was attacked by another roo at his previous owner's.

There are 2 hens that came with our property. One is white and we call her Snow White. The other is a RIR that picks on her all the time so we call her The Evil Queen. Snow White like to lay her eggs in the doghouse while the dog stands guard against The Evil Queen.

The most memorable and full of personality in my old flock were:

a frizzle rooster named Rico Suave.
an old english bantam named Falcor.
a mix rooster that I hatched in my bra after the hen quit setting early named Chi Chi.
4 Araucanas named Blossom, Buttercup, Bubbles and MojoJojo. (Can you tell I had small children?)
a rooster that was free at the feedstore for a reason named Foghorn Leghorn.
a little white banty named Pearl.
a black crested Polish that was blind in one eye (I like to rescue chickens) and screamed like crazy every time you touched her named Mimi.
a turkey named Quasimodo.
2 geese named Popcorn and Peanuts.
a brahma rooster named Goliath.
another brahma rooster named Hercules.

My daughter had a rooster in Hawaii. The next door neighbor raised game hens/cocks and one was failing to thrive so he gave it to my daughter who nursed it. His name was Boo and he followed her around like a dog. He came when she called him and he'd protect her from anything he deemed a threat. He was a seriously cool rooster.

I just got 10 more hens. In the mixture are 2 Ameraucanas. I named one Lily and the other Margarette . The others are ISA Browns and all look pretty similar. I am sure their personalties and indivual features will become more apparent the longer I own them, and then they will also get names.

Back
Top Bottom