Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

We have 3 new chickens. They are girls, but their names were inspired by Boston Bruins players and our O' last name. Makes it fun for our hockey player boys!

Danny O'Chara - RIR
Patty O'Bergeron - RIR
Took O'Rask - BSL

Being a huge fan of Tolkien i went with the names oin and gloin(my two reds), fili and kili(they are tan, thats all i know now) and two new chicks I named dwalin and balin! But the last two i must make sure are not roosters. I guess ill find out soon enough.:/

only 4 have names. I have big blue, a blue cochin. little blue, a blue maran rooster who is bigger than the cochin lol. betty the barn yard mix, and brandy the barred rock rooster

Being a huge fan of Tolkien i went with the names oin and gloin(my two reds), fili and kili(they are tan, thats all i know now) and two new chicks I named dwalin and balin! But the last two i must make sure are not roosters. I guess ill find out soon enough.:/

Lol! When I first dreamed about getting chickens I imagined they would all have female hobbit names, which are mostly flower names but how cute would Lobelia, Belladonna and Primula be for hens? My husband isn't a big fan of themes for naming and we all our own chickens that we named so that ditched. Maybe one day, when we get bantams and they can live in one of those beautiful Hobbit Hole coops made by Wooden Wonders. I think dwarven names would be great for a bachelor flock of Brahmas or even Brahma Bantams ;)

We only have a small free range flock but there are 4 roos and 8 hens.
Easter Egger roo : Copper
Plymouth Rock roo : Henry
Buff Polish roo : Olaf
Gold Laced Cochin roo : Sven
The rest are hens
Gold Laced Wyandotte: Laycee
Buff Polish : Juniper
Black Silkie : Onyx
Easter Egger : Betty
2 Plymouth Rocks : Ana and Elsa
2 Rhode Island Reds : Penny and Pumpkin
And we are hoping to expand to 25-30 by next summer :)

I just love seeing whst everyone names their chickens. :)

My feathered children are:

Red and white LF Naked Necks, Scarlett and Blanca.
Gold laced bantam Naked Neck, Violet
Black copper and Blue copper Marans, Betty and Beatrice
Brown Leghorn, Summer
Barred Rock, Winter
Australorp, Charlie (she is my only pullet age chicken and is a buddy to my ducks)
Buff Laced Polish rooster, Til
And 3 wonderful Pekin ducks, Saffron, Squacky, and Flower.

Blanca and Violet both currently have chicks and Winter is broody and due to hatch in a bit under two weeks.

I went for a Game of Thrones theme (obviously)
Buff Orphington- Cersei (Golden haired)
Ameraucana-Ygritte (she is just as wild as Ygritte)
Barred Rock-Arya (Curious little one)
Lavender Cuckoo-Brienne (Big and strong)
Silkie-Sansa (Pretty with new black dyed hair)
Sizzle-Melisandra (firey little redhead)

Lol! When I first dreamed about getting chickens I imagined they would all have female hobbit names, which are mostly flower names but how cute would Lobelia, Belladonna and Primula be for hens? My husband isn't a big fan of themes for naming and we all our own chickens that we named so that ditched. Maybe one day, when we get bantams and they can live in one of those beautiful Hobbit Hole coops made by Wooden Wonders. I think dwarven names would be great for a bachelor flock of Brahmas or even Brahma Bantams ;)

Also there's Sam's wife Susie cotton ;)

Barred Rock- Selene
EE- Rosalie
White Leghorn- Natasha
SLWD- Mistique
Black Austrolorp- Luna

Ducks:
Pekin- Zero
Mallard Drake- Jack
Mallard female- Sally

Just looking at this thread with all the funny, cool and original names is awesome. Its nice to know I am not alone in this.... Not just giving them names but the raising of them! I also get asked how I know who is who but its just if you spend the time with them you just know.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom