Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

Pics
EEs:
Rikki(she is golden colored with black flecks)
Sam(New co-king of the flock)
Speckles(grouchy and tempermental,but of course, if a dog half ate u in ur old age, you would b 2)
Muffs&Muffler(the both have the little ear muffs and Muffler, well, she's LOUD)

OEGBs:
Tyke(color is un official, follow the thread 2 know more)
Shortstop(buff colored, with lighter colored feathers mixed in)

We also have a hatchery cuckoo maran wich got scalped by sumthing and is brain damaged named Blessing, a chiken which is very common but I'll have to get back 2 u on it called Wheatie, and a small flock of Barnevelders but only the roo is named. His name is Midnight.

Since we gave away the noisy bearded Smith Brother, the remaining one is now General Grant. Having had two great grandaddys in the Confederacy, having a chicken named General Grant somehow satisfies the soul.

Twinky- Buff Orpington (I originally wanted "Buffy" but that was just WAAAYY to common.)
Inky- Black Austrolorp
Dinky- Silky / Cochin X
Dew- Silky / Cochin X

and "Slash" - Mille Fleur Roo
cool.png

Psst! I only name them when I can tell them apart! I also have 12 Production Reds, 4 RIR hens, 3 Leghorns, and 5 EE's all un-named.

Hahahah, oh man once I have all 70 some of my chickens named. . . hahah!!

So far, of all my Easter Eggers, Ameraucanas, Araucanas, Brahmas, Marans, Polish, Wyandottes, New Hampshires:

Tufted
Muffs
Ruffs
Yellow
True Blue
Cloud Blue
Lilac
Raven
Cheesecake
Hecate
Straggletagg
Cacao
Cookies n' Cream
Marango
Marcus Araleus
Moha
Rix
Shells
Charcoal
Llena
Chatta
Umber
Red
Orange
Spring Green
Snowflake
Freyja
Silver
Poseidon
Hades
Venus
Hel
Oscura
Pink
Ritzic
Bowe
Ghiradelli
Mila
Chips
Nips
Canis
Seafoam

I have 25 bantams less than a week old, 14 chicks about 3 wks old, no names yet. But I have named my adults!

Black Silkie Roo- Fluffy Butt (Fluffy for short)
Serama pair- Barney and Betty (Flintstones)

I'm not much help, seeing that my old ferret's name was ferret and my currently pregnant cat is named Kitty Kitty, plus I have 50 chickens and only named 3!

But i'll be scouring this thread and will update yall.... if I remember, it will prob take a while
big_smile.png

Quote:
One question.... Do you know them each by name???

Gosh yes. I wouldn't dare randomly name them just because. Even among my groups of girls who, to other people look the same, I know each one specifically and can always tell someone a little something about that one hen (or rooster)
smile.png

The only chickens on the list I named without a thought to their personalities or other such are the "color" names, such as Red or True Blue. Those are the "Gang," my Silver Laced Wyandottes. They have a reason for having color names.
tongue.png

And to this day I'm still looking for good names for the rest of my girls and boys!

Quote:
Apparently you have desserts, literature, and mythology on the brain!
wink.png

Indeed. Mythology is usually pinned on the Ameraucanas, Literature often goes to the Easter Eggers, and Desserts to the Marans or Brahmas.

Back
Top Bottom