Chicken Nipples

jdeoliveira74

Songster
7 Years
Feb 15, 2012
where is the best place to get chicken nipples from and how high will they need to be set up for ease of drinking. I plan to set up a gravity fed watering system with and auto fill for tank on less thing to worry about.

Thanks
Jon

I like QC Supply, they are quick, friendly and the quality of the nipples is excellent. They have both the push in type and the screw in type. When I buy them 10 at a time they end up being about $1.90 each with shipping. You can find them cheaper on ebay, but the quality is hit and miss.

The nipples should be installed relative to your chickens' heights. Ideally, they should tip their heads up about 45-50 degrees to reach the nipple. For a growing flock, make them adjustable. For a flock with different sizes and ages you can put a brick or block under a nipple so that smaller birds can reach them.

Ditto to everything Gallo said,
and to add- You are going to be so happy you put the nipples in there. My girls adjusted to it so quick and easy. The water is always clean. My only regret is I didnt' do it sooner!

Oh my I am sooo glad I found this befor setting off on a water container nightmare!

This is FAB!

I hope my chicks will like it as much as I do.

Back
Top Bottom