Chicken not walking. Please help

Asma.Shaikh

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2017
Hi.
I have 2 Broiler chickens. Both are 2 months old.
A few days back they both had a viral infection and so became weak and were unable to walk.
After some medications they showed improvement and started to stand on they feet.
But just within a day or two, one of them stopped walking or standing. One of its foot is having some problem i guess bcoz whenever i try to stretch that leg it chirps in pain.
Plz help and advice me...

Hi there and welcome to BYC.

Did you take them to a vet to diagnose the viral infection?

Can you post a pic of the injured chicken?

Hey Thanks !

Yes the doc gave them tablet Z CEF 100 and BOOSTWIN drops. Which I'm still giving since 15 days.
They started to recover but just within a day or something, this chick suddenly can't get up. It isn't keeping its one leg down and just sitting all the time. I tried to see so I just tried stretching it's leg but it seemed to hurt him. The other one seems a bit ok but this one is having a real problem with its leg.
Here's it's pic.
Plz advice me what should I do.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170604_061535669.jpg
    IMG_20170604_061535669.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 8
Oh My, is she molting her feathers too. I would suggest you post in full detail and with your photo of her at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures." I have no idea what is wrong with her but her comb is so pale, she just looks very ill.

Oh My, is she molting her feathers too. I would suggest you post in full detail and with your photo of her at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures." I have no idea what is wrong with her but her comb is so pale, she just looks very ill.

Yes they won't eat until I hand feed them. That too they show the least interest.
They were quite bubbly and active just few days back but just suddenly they got viral and now one of them is unable to stand or walk. The other one is weak too and has a cross beak problem.

It would be great if you can plz let me know what should I feed them and how many times in a day bcoz I'm very new at petting chickens.

Thanks

Thanx for letting me know about the emergency and cures forum. I've posted there.

What kind of broilers are they. I would be Leary about eating them after having all these problems and medications in them. Cornish cross usually gets butchered at around 6 to 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom