Chicken poop - how to make backyard sanitary?

Newtothis2022

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2022
Question! I have little ones - and free range chickens who poop a lot . Hahaha. I didn't plan on them being free range. But they are so happy that way.
We have gravel and grass in the backyard - and they are not picky where they poop hahah. So, how do I clean /sanitize it to some extent. So my children can run barefoot freely. Our backyard is fenced in and not super big. So the poop ads up quickly. Also, we have wild chickens and roosters in our area - and they like to come back there also -. So more poop ahaha.

Any advice on how to clean up the rocks - and make everything a little more sanitary - before we have an outdoor kids birthday party?

Thank yOU!

I am so new to this... so please excuse any silly questions.

Hose everything off before the party keep chickens in the run until after the party. For me, my kids have rain boots. They are backyard boots only. I have two mats one outside one inside to wipe boots boots are kept by the door.

duck poop is easy to hose away! but for chicken poop I use an empty coffee can and a trowel and take a couple minutes each day to walk around and scoop them up for composting

Back
Top Bottom