Chicken Sitting

If you are not going to be gone for a very long time, feed extra feed, using a feeder or feeding station protected from the weather. Fill a couple waterer up, and thing will probably be good for a couple of days. Then you could have someone one come once, and add feed and water if needed.

As for problems, leave a phone number, and remember chickens do die, and don't blame someone else.

Mrs K

I second both Mrs K and the advice to utilize a high schooler.

Ask your FFA program leader and/or a 4-H leader. Those kiddos are usually pretty responsible and familiar with chores and livestock. Plus, they always need $$
lol.png

You can always actually talk to people, not just ask on FaceBook. Make friends in real life, meet your neighbors, etc. Offer eggs or payment.

My youngest son has made a decent little side business out of feeding livestock (not just chickens) for a few folks this summer. When you have animals, it's hard to take a weekend off and go camping, etc. He started a good customer base, and we'll work on it next year also. This was all word of mouth.

Thank you guys! Love all the great advise I am getting. Yes, I have been working on my neighbors already with having them over for dinner & giving them veggies from my garden.

Back
Top Bottom