Chicken size comparisons

Chicky85254

Songster
11 Years
Sep 22, 2008
AZ & CA
I'm having a really hard time envisioning what size my chickens are going to be when full grown. Since I don't know ANYONE else with chickens (I am alone with this disease! :eek:) I don't have any other chickens to compare to either. I'm not sure my chicken door is big enough for them to get in and out of as adults...and I have bantams!

I thought of something that would really help me...and maybe it'd help others too? I've seen alot of "adult weight" measurements, but I'd like to see adult HEIGHT measurements! Could some of you with adult chickens take some pictures with a yardstick or something showing how tall your adult chickens are? If you could list the breed and age, I think it'd be helpful.

Last edited:
OKay.....maybe just give us a measurement of how tall your chicken is, and what breed, age and sex it is, minus the picture?

I have bantam BRs, Ee's, and silkies.
smile.png
I was kind of meaning this thread to be an informational thread for all though. Like...if everyone took a picture of a chicken or two and posted it with age, sex and breed, we would have a pretty good size comparison chart!

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif

Thanks!
I think I'm really glad I got Bantams!
th.gif

We had regular sized chickens when I was a kid, but I don't remember them being so big!

I will post pic of nankin, jersey giant, & bantam buff brahmas tomorrow. That should be a good range for people.
smile.png
I would like to help.
Emily

Well, maybe these will help a little:

This is an almost 6 month old Silkie roo next to the same age Silver-laced Wyandotte pullet...

IMG_4050.jpg

Here is my other Silkie roo (same age) next to my Andalusian roo who is 4 months old...

IMG_4081.jpg

Back
Top Bottom