chicken stock in north/central California anyone?

Hello all,

I am new and just wanted to say hello. I'm in Lincoln, CA (just NE of Sacramento). Please let me know if anything comes together. I'm just getting ready to give back yard chickening a try!

Alisha: Did you get my e-mail a couple of weeks ago?

-Seth

Nifty,

I did not know that was an option. I had never noticed the "subscribe to this topic" button (down near the bottom on the left hand side in case you were like me and didn't know it existed). Many thanks.

By the way, is there anyone else here from Lincoln? I am trying to figure out what regulations/ordinances
pertain to residential neighborhoods and keeping of poultry. I just want to get a couple laying hens, nothing crazy. I think my neighbors will be fine on both sides, but I back up to a greenbelt where there will soon be a bit of foot traffic, so I'm likely to be discovered at some point by a nosy passer-by and want to figure out what the regs say before (or should I be optimistic and say "in case") I get a nasty-gram from the city...

Thanks

Last edited:
Maybe we should all get together at the California State Fair sometime. It's from the middle of August to the beginning of September and they are supposed to have a new poultry encounter type thing this year.

Yeah, the fair's in the middle of Sacramento. It's called CalExpo and it's on Exposition Blvd right off of Capitol City Freeway. They are supposed to have a new chicken exhibit where kids can touch them and learn how to care for them. I was thinking the people that are working there might be willing to tell people about this website since it is so great for newbies and oldbies alike.

Jordan, your friends don't love chickens?! What kind of boys are they
wink.png

I'm in the Stockton-Modesto area.

Sacramento works best for me, but I'd be willing to travel to the bay area... I'm working on my BS in Computer Science and I run a business on eBay, so I am super busy and desperately in need of some fun time!

yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom