Chicken-Themed Birthday Party for kids **PICS**

olddairyfarm

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 12, 2007
Dixie
I've just discovered BYC and am enjoying this whole posting thing!

Here are some pictures from my daughter's farm party. I made a coconut cake using a combination of 4, 9" round coconut cakes and a coconut filling. The grated coconut worked well for feathers. I sculpted the legs, thighs, and wing to give it a 3-d shape. The invitations were a chicken-themed paper from the scrapbook store, complete with chicken wire! They opened using a brad. I also used the paper for the frame favors. I found coordinating ribbon at Wal-Mart and tied it in knots, then glued it to black frames from the DollarTree. The chicken cake was my first time making a cake, and I must say that coconut is a very forgiving medium for making chickens!

BTW-The logo on the invitations is my farm logo, so please respect the copyright.

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

invite.jpg

invite1.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

I can only see half the pictures, they're to big. But what I do see looks very nice.

Nevermind, they are smaller now.

You never have to worry about people on this site copying any of your pictures. We are all polite and we always ask permission on everything. No one will steal your logo.
wink.png

Last edited:
Welcome to byc. You will love it here. Wow,
ep.gif
, that looked like a great party. Lucky little girl to have such a creative momma like you. Great job. I must have missed my invite in the mail.
lau.gif

Jessica's birthday is in January..... could you please tell us how you made your cake. It is really awesome. I wish my birthday was next
smile.png

Here is the method I used. It was time to draw it out anyway because my cousin requested directions as well! The recipe for cake and frosting tasted great and is found here:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/102696

Oh, and the eye was just a piece of raisin. I thought I had a black M&M but I didn't. Also, be sure to clean up any spilled frosting on your tray with a wet papertowel before putting on the coconut. It's much easier to remove extra coconut if it's dry and can be blown off.

Oh, and make sure the tray you use will fit in your fridge! I had to cut a piece of cardboard and wrap it with wrapping paper because I have a side-by-side fridge and my decorative trays were all too big. Cover with SaranWrap and refrigerate~

This cake is best served COLD!

Let me know if you have any questions, and send me a pic of your masterpiece if you do indeed make it!

chickencake.jpg

Back
Top Bottom