Chicken Therapy

Grungybones

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 9, 2010
I know this is the chicken behavior thread.. but human behavior is kinda related... Am I the only one that comes home after a long stressful day and just sits in the coop watching the birds to de-stress? There is nothing better than to come home and sit with the birds and hand feed them some treats. To watch them run around and play. Sigh.

D.gif
I'm with ya.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

gig.gif

I do it too! I'm a SAHM and as soon as the hubby gets home, I go sit alone with my ladies and gentlemen! Last weekend, After my DH had been working on the chicken coop all day long, I came out to find HIM sitting in the pen with them!
lol.png
I said, relaxing isn't it? he said, oh yeah! And here I thought the chickens were gonna be MY hobby!!
lau.gif

I have put off SO many things to get home after work and go sit with the chickens!

I put a plastic chair IN the run, so I had a place to sit and sip a soda (or cup of coffee) whilst watching the flock be chickens. They come gather 'round and tell me chicken stories, peck lightly at anything on my clothing they think might be something to eat, and one of them will always jump into my lap for a good scritch on her neck and back.

thumbsup.gif
Watching the girls is a great stress reliever, absolutely. I'll let them out of the pen into the yard, and they'll walk all around, staying close and "talking" to me. The joy starts when they realize I might have a special treat for them. Saturday mornings, since I'm the only early riser in the house, its coffee time with the hens!

I convinced that they listen better than the dogs. Plus they are so fun to watch. If you can't laugh at chicken running you have no soul!
lau.gif

Me, too! I've been missing watching my flock because all my chickens are broody now and sitting on eggs. It's not quite the same thing, pulling up a chair and watching three chickens sitting in a trance in their nestboxes.

And when they do come off the nest, all they want to do is gobble some food, gulp some water, depost HUGE smelly poops and dustbathe furiously before dashing back to their nest. But we're crossing our fingers that pretty soon we are going to have a lot more chickens to watch.

Just tonight I was out "talking" with the girls when my husband called me in for dinner. Then called again. And again. And finally gave up.
big_smile.png

It's just so nice to sit out there and talk to them after a stressful day at work and two hours in traffic. Sigh. So nice to know I'm not the only one who does this.

Back
Top Bottom