chicken toys ??

My girls had great fun with one of my baby Koi fish.

FiFi, my trouble maker picked it right out of the pond and made a mad dash across the yard. By the time I got outside they had picked the poor fishes eyeball out.

Needless to say my beautiful Koi did not make it.

cricket tubes - where in the world did you get that from it sounds kinda creepy so my hubby will be the one to refill it !!
and i am guessing those gross little bugs dont cost all that much?

Personally I would NOT use an egg shaped "toy" with treats. I just might teach them eggs are good to eat, then you will have a whole other problem....with egg eaters. Lettuce on a string..( rope) or any treet that hangs is hours of fun! Also.....throw a beach ball in there...see what happens! At first mine freaked out, then they all took turns attacking and killing the ball! Poor ball....didnt have a chance. LOL

Quote:
The bait store has 'em. It's a plastic cup with air slots and a plastic lid. Costs $2-4 to refill the tube, depending on how many crickets are in it. The bait store guy fills ours; no muss no fuss for me! Little guys just crawl around in the tube until the door holes are lined up in the lid and cup. Then they try to escape when they see that hole.

It's easy, clean, and provides protein as well as hours of enjoyment. Because even when it's empty they still play 'kick the can' thinking another bug must be in there somewhere!

It's a once a wekk treat for the peeps, since we don't want too much protein for them (they get other handouts). So I think $2 a week is pretty cheap!

I also cut down sunflowers, stem and all, and throw them in the tractor. They flay the whole plant getting to the tasty seeds. Another form of entertainment....

Just a word to the wise on the cabbage head. I guess it's 'theoretically' possible for the string to get twisted around a neck. I always set up 'tetherball' when I'm out there or closeby to keep an eye out. :)

Back
Top Bottom