Chicken water nipples reviews?

While my girls were adjusting, I spent time in the coop, demonstrating that water can drip from the nipple. They would drink from my finger tip then peck around where my finger was pecking around. They eventually worked it out.

Because it was high summer, I also placed a bucket of water in the coop after midday to make sure they didn't dehydrate while they were learning to use it. I knew they'd adjusted to the nipple dripper because there came a point when they didn't rush the bucket of water when I put it in there.

Perhaps they didn't work because of a vacuum? Was there any air hole in the top of the bottles you used?

Hi, I made a chicken waterer out of a plastic container with a screw on lid. I used the nipples with the cups. Although I can make water come down with my finger when the chicken pecks no water. Do I need to make a hole or loosen the top.
there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the nipple its self. they are fastened in with an o-ring and a nut so they don't leak around the hole. Please help because their other waterer gets really dirty.

Hi, I made a chicken waterer out of a plastic container with a screw on lid.  I used the nipples with the cups. Although I can make water come down with my finger when the chicken pecks no water.  Do I need to make a hole or loosen the top. 
there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the nipple its self. they are fastened in with an o-ring and a nut so they don't leak around the hole. Please help because their other waterer gets really dirty.
Sorry I'm totally not answering your question lol but where did you find the ones with the cups??

I bought the push ins ones.I'll be getting chicks April 11th. I read that you need to dip several of your chicks neaks in water bc they will be dehydrated after delivery ( I'm mail ordering from a hatchery) but what do you do if you use the nipples... You can't really dip their beak in anything?

Hello, I just read your post and I'm wondering the same thing. I'm expecting my first batch of chicks next month and wondered how and when to teach them to use the nipples. Some people have said they keep a dish in their brooder for the first week or so, as well as a nipple waterer. What did you end up doing? Thanks!

Last edited:
I started off with a normal waterer in the chick brooder, dipped their beaks and let them recover from shopping before I switched them out. I usually wait until they are about 2 weeks old before I start them on the cups or nipples.

I started off with a normal waterer in the chick brooder, dipped their beaks and let them recover from shopping before I switched them out. I usually wait until they are about 2 weeks old before I start them on the cups or nipples.

Thank you!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom