Chicken water nipples reviews?

We have used the push in nipples for over 2 years now and have had only one that got stuck and leaked was able to press it a few times and got the junk out to allow water to flow again and not leak. Have had all of them freeze at one time or another and they thawed and worked. I used 5 & 8 gallon buckets mostly with 3 nipples each in the bottom. I have one 5 gallon bucket with a PVC pipe running from it with 3 nipples. Everything works great. Only have to refill every 2 to 3 days. Found out the hard way that some of the cheap buckets you get from Walmart, Home Depot & Lowes will soon rip the handles out of the plastic, so we use commercial grade buckets from food establishments and the such. We also built a round hanger just the size of the diameter of the bucket that holds the bucket better. By the way I have over 125 chickens at this moment and have for at least a year. We use 27 total push in style nipples and we have triple digit temperature days with no deaths from lack of water.

I just can't wait to try mine. And placed them in 2" PVC pipe and have them attached to a water cooler. I have one inside and one outside the coop. The cooler will be filled with ice in the summer.

I just can't wait to try mine. And placed them in 2" PVC pipe and have them attached to a water cooler. I have one inside and one outside the coop. The cooler will be filled with ice in the summer.

Looks like a very nice setup. And Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

Horizontal or vertical delivery is a wash, y'all. My chicks love the water delivery from a 5 gallon bucket with several vertical screw-in nipples. Yours may prefer the horizontal delivery of water. Our deal, either way, is that our chicks get clean water.

Back
Top Bottom