Chicken water nipples reviews?

This is the watering system my husband made for our brooder. You can't see them very well, but there are four (4) nipples under the horizontal bar.

Once we move to the coop, this will be set up to a 30 gallon water tank.

Vertical screw-in nipples in a 2 gallon bucket. Do it, do it! You'll be thanking yourself. Water changes once a week, or less if you don't have the time. The chickens figure them out in very little time. We also just 'trained' a couple chickens to use rodent waterers with the straws and marbles when we had to isolate them, only issue there is they don't hold a lot of water.

I have the verticle nipples. From my day old chicks with mommy hen chicks in brooder and in the main coop. All figured them out within a day. But they are awesome. No mess in the water. No shavings in the water. I have a 5 gallon bucket for each coop. And the brooder is a Gatorade bottle with a nipple attached.

There you go, coffeychicks. Even little biddies figure it out. No mess at all. Clean water for your chicks.

I love the chicken nipples! I hate changing out poopie water.

Last edited:
Ok, y'all have me sold on the horizontal waterers.  My silkie chicks are 2-3 weeks old.  Is this too young if I get a pre-made bucket system for them?

My chicks are very young. I bought the vertical screw in nipples from amazon. I'm currently using a 20 oz dr pepper bottle in my brooder. My chicks love it.

I actually use a Gatorade bottle with a hole in the cap and hang it upside down. I will post pictures later. Don't forget you need to vent a sealed container otherwise no water flow.

Back
Top Bottom