Chicken wont eat or be active

sarinalydiksen

Hatching
Mar 22, 2020
My chicken has been acting weird for some days. Pale crown. Stares in the corner. Doesnt eat or drink. Isolates herself.
Then this happened. This is her poop, and she still has poop stuck/hanging out that wont come out. I need help!

Attachments

• 20200322_123702.jpg
    20200322_123702.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200322_123732.jpg
    20200322_123732.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200322_140133.jpg
    20200322_140133.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 5
Do you think that stuff in her poop is grass/stick matter? That’s what it looks like in the pic. I would guess she’s got a knot of that stuff in her system, I would start by keeping her isolated and off grass, then letting her soak in a warm bath. You could give her some castor oil to help her go, or maybe some epson salts dissolved in water. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Also, is she straining like she’s trying to go? Some yogurt with the probiotics in it might help too, or put some chick probiotic in her water, I would make sure she’s getting plenty of water so she doesn’t get dehydrated.

Last edited:
Okay, then Its definitely a constipation issue, I would bring her in and let her soak in warm water if you can, that always helps my girls who have problems. Keep us updated, hope she gets better!

Last edited:
Do you provide granite poultry grit for your chickens to help digest grasses and other foods? It looks like your chicken has a lot of grass and straw coming out of her. I would agree that a tsp of castor oil or mineral oil might be something to give her to see if that passes. Some use coconut oil, chilled and cut into bite size pieces fed to them. How does her crop feel? Is it full, hard, doughy, puffy, or empty and flat?

Do you provide granite poultry grit for your chickens to help digest grasses and other foods? It looks like your chicken has a lot of grass and straw coming out of her. I would agree that a tsp of castor oil or mineral oil might be something to give her to see if that passes. Some use coconut oil, chilled and cut into bite size pieces fed to them. How does her crop feel? Is it full, hard, doughy, puffy, or empty and flat?
Yea they have grit. It was puffy and full i massaged it a bit and now it ufeels good. She hasnt improved in her behaviour though, her tail is down.

Back
Top Bottom