chicken won't eat worms

Quote:
Oh, I can SO relate!
big_smile.png

We don't have too many earthworms out here,but my chickens go crazy over grub worms,beetles,crickets,grasshoppers and locust, well just about any bug they see.My white leghorn roo will get dangerously close to the edge of my pond to get beetles and whatever other bug he can find there.Whenever I move things around (like their food/water dish,tables ,wood piles),the chickens wait for whatever jumps out from under it.They get really happy for bugs.
jumpy.gif

D.gif

My chickens just love worms. Almost everyday I go out into the garden and dig for worms. My hubby says " You know....your their pet not the other way around" and he's right. Now I see them worms in my sleep.

God I wish I didn't love these chickies so much!

Yesterday I broke my little garden shovel so I guess I'll be digging with a big spoon till I get another one.

My chicks loved worms from the time they were a week old to just about 2 months ago when I quit digging up the yard. Today they got a very large lizard and ripped the poor thing to shreds fighting over it so I went to the compost pile and dug around, thinking the poor things hadn't had any "meat" for a while. I found a ton of big and small worms, put 'em in a pan and took 'em into the run and they wouldn't have a thing to do with them now! I was so disappointed! Later I even took a chair out there, like I do when I'm going to hand feed them some blueberries, and they all came up but when they saw what I had they turned their backs. A couple of them would pick them up and then drop them and wipe their beaks off on whatever was close, like it was nasty. I don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom