chicken4prez's chat thread! Chicken lovers welcome!!

Fun thread?

• No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Hi, guys! What have I missed?
highfive.gif

~Alex

hi, Alex! :frow

Not much... How are you and your flock?

Doin' great, thanks! :D  Did a bumblefoot surgery yesterday on Laserbeak, whose foot was swollen up like a golfball. All went well, we got the pus and infection out, and now she's happily running around with her bandage on. :)  How are you?

~Alex
my Silkie has bumble foot too... I didn't do any surgery, just made sure all the pus was out. You think she'll be OK? I had two other hens that survived it with minimal treatment too. We made sure all the pus was out, plus soaked her three times in the past few days. I didn't bandage anything up, she's just staying in the house till tonight and we keep making sure it is clean.

my Silkie has bumble foot too... I didn't do any surgery, just made sure all the pus was out. You think she'll be OK? I had two other hens that survived it with minimal treatment too. We made sure all the pus was out, plus soaked her three times in the past few days. I didn't bandage anything up, she's just staying in the house till tonight and we keep making sure it is clean.
I'm sure she'll be fine!
smile.png
All we did was remove the core and squeeze everything out. You've done a great job of treating it, so try not to worry about that.
thumbsup.gif

~Alex

I'm sure she'll be fine! :)  All we did was remove the core and squeeze everything out. You've done a great job of treating it, so try not to worry about that. :thumbsup

~Alex
It wasn't very bad either... I'm just a worrier :lau

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom