chicken4prez's chat thread! Chicken lovers welcome!!

Fun thread?

• No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters
Morning, everyone!:frow

Have I ever explained that my horse is trained to do some tricks? I want to train my mini to do some tricks too.
She answers yes or no questions and can open doors/latches. Plus she and my mini both can carry the food bowls to me on command "where's your bowl?" Is all I have to say. It's pretty neat...

Have I ever explained that my horse is trained to do some tricks? I want to train my mini to do some tricks too.
She answers yes or no questions and can open doors/latches. Plus she and my mini both can carry the food bowls to me on command "where's your bowl?" Is all I have to say. It's pretty neat...

Cool!!! I love horses too,but,my mom won't let me have one :(

Cool!!! I love horses too,but,my mom won't let me have one :(
It was tough convincing my parents to let me get one. My grandmother's brother was drug to death by a horse and she carried him back to the house, so I can't say my family is particularly fond of horses.....

Wow!!!thats a lot of birds!!right now I have 5 hens and a male And a female duck,I mean,I love my ducks,but,I'm not getting any more,ther to messy,and,I can't keep the big water in the coop at night I have to put a small one,cause the ducks get the hay all wet.anyway,the breeds that I keep are,well,ones I use to keep:eek:ne bantam(she was small and cute)a EE,a RIR,and 3 barred rocks,that were my first flock,but here's the story:red,the RIR,she had feathers,she was out side(just to let you know this was a long time ago)and so was I,but then a few mins later,I didn't see her,and then I found her dead,in the grass,I don't know what killed her,so I burred her,(2 weeks later)every body was out (rain the EE,rock,Bea and live the BRs,and speckies the bantam)I went inside for a min.come back out I here this noises and I run around the corner,thinking to my self,what's going on,then I get ther,every body's gone,then after hours of looking I find,Bea live and speckies,(a few years later)I lost my bantam to a sickness,(several yrs later)I get a new batch of chicks:2EES,1SLW,1BR,and 2 austerlops,thay grew up,and I lost sunshine a EE,then I lost live to old age,and then I lost Gwen,the SLW,to a hawk,well,now you know the story,yup,it's sad but now you know how I got my chickens.i love your real name by the way,how do you pernonce it?like a-Marie-ie or a -Marie-a,but with a I instead of a a
Oh dear, I'm SOOOOOOO sorry about your losses of such sweet girls!
hugs.gif
One thing I know for sure; they were loved every day of their lives.

Thank you!
smile.png
It's pronounced sort of like: uh-marr-ee. Ha ha, I'm pathetic at sounding out words in writing!
lau.gif
And your name is Kyndra, right? That's such a beautiful name!

I'm the #1 top poster from yesterday!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
You're so accomplished!

~Alex

Oh dear, I'm SOOOOOOO sorry about your losses of such sweet girls! :hugs  One thing I know for sure; they were loved every day of their lives.

Thank you! :)  It's pronounced sort of like: uh-marr-ee. Ha ha, I'm pathetic at sounding out words in writing! :lau  And your name is Kyndra, right? That's such a beautiful name!

Congratulations!!!!!!! :celebrate :weee :ya  You're so accomplished!

~Alex

Oh,ok!! I was trying to sound it out,bur,sometimes tere are those words you can't pernonce right :lol .yes my name is kyndra,sometimes people think its pernoced ken-dra,but it's pernoced kyn-dra,yes were the "y" is,it sounds like "I" so, it's like kin-dra,with a y,some times people get it mixed up :lol

I have two questions hopefully someone can answer. I am currently 5 months pregnant, I have yet to get my chicks but I am curious if I should take extra precaution when i get them or hold off until after I have my little one? Also I plan to plant lots of Sunflowers I was wondering if the sunflower seeds would be bad for the chickens or if i could add it to their feed or use as treats?

I have two questions hopefully someone can answer. I am currently 5 months pregnant, I have yet to get my chicks but I am curious if I should take extra precaution when i get them or hold off until after I have my little one?  Also I plan to plant lots of Sunflowers I was wondering if the sunflower seeds would be bad for the chickens or if i could add it to their feed or use as treats?
don't know about the sunflower seeds...
As for being pregnant, I'd be very careful if you decide to handle chicks. I'd assume that it'd be like handling cat litter and be dangerous for someone who is pregnant. But I could be wrong :idunno

Back
Top Bottom