Chickens can't jump up into nesting boxes or roosts???

Okay, so......looking at this picture above, see that tray that's filled with wood chips on the RIGHT SIDE? That is already partially set up for a great roost bar/poop tray setup right there in front of you. Take and clean out that tray (te one on the right) and replace with some Sweet PDZ granular (pic of PDZ in my previous post), then put an upright 2 x 4 in the center of the one end (by the main doorway) and put a sturdy 2 x 4, flat side up and run it down that "tray", hook it to the wall...voila! Instant roost/poop tray and you've freed up all that center space to boot!

Make better sense now?

Last edited:
yup I think so!
smile.png

definitely going to get some of that granulated stuff. Thanks so much! will update you eventually:)
Can't wait...it's already looking so much roomier and better! Send pics!!
frow.gif

Last edited:
We just finished adding windows and ventilation. but I'm starting school tomorrow, so I'm going to very busy. don't think I'll do the poop tray thing just yet! when I have time I will though.

We just finished adding windows and ventilation. but I'm starting school tomorrow, so I'm going to very busy. don't think I'll do the poop tray thing just yet! when I have time I will though.
I'll bet your girls are enjoying their revamped digs already!! Keep us posted for SURE!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom