Chickens: Chicken Stock

Quote:
That definitely would make it easier to make. I used it the traditional way and cooking it on the stovetop was a bit hard since my stove is electric cooking it in the roaster would be easier I think and would work better. Have you ever don pork based gravy? If so what parts do you use for it?

I am interested in doing beef, chicken, pork and turkey but I am still looking for a bit more information.

First off!! You kick butt!!! Thank-you so much for posting

So gonna do the bake thing, never do that.. Just boil, but I can really see where baking.. Would make so much flaver...

My question is.. Once stock is made. do you hot pack, or water procces the cans.. I'm so lazy, hate to do the water bath.... Please tell me it's a hot pack...
fl.gif

Thank-you again, you are inspiring!!!

Quote:
I have frozen it before if you need super-duper easy...flash frozen in ziplock bags flat on a cookie sheet, when frozen stack and place those in larger size ziplock in freezer to they are double bagged.

Since I have avid hunters, gotta save space in freezer.

I bring stock to a boil and pressure can. Waterbath is not recommended.

LilyD- never have done pork, no interest. Sorry Im no help.

I like to roast everything before adding water. it does give it a nice gold color and great flavor.

This time of year, i make a lot of soup and all this stock comes in handy!

I found this website that the OP must own. It is at buildanark.net It has his pictorials from here and lots of other info and pictures related to country living. The guy was obviously good at putting together a tutorial and decided to put them all in one place.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the OP, I just really liked his posts and went looking for him. Thought this might help others.

Fishman, thank you so much for finding and posting this. U R a good egg!!! I loved frugal's posts.

Quote:
Thanks! I've been reading a bunch since my son wants chickens but haven't had the opportunity to contribute until now.

Back
Top Bottom