Chickens in quail living quarters.

rjrinehart

Songster
Mar 6, 2017
Southeast Tennessee
I've got an actual quail farm started but I just got some 4 week old chickens. I don't have their coop set up yet. So is it okay if they are with my quail? All my quail are in cages so the chickens won't be right with the quail but I know that I'm suppose to take care of quail first and then chickens so I don't give the quail any chickens diseases. But can the quail live on top of the chickens for a couple weeks

I had my quail cages inside my chicken coop for 2 days while I was rebuilding the quail area after a predator attack. They were not in direct contact and above the chickens, and within those 2 days their eyes swelled up so much they could barely see. Once I removed them, they went back to normal pretty quickly. I'd be super careful if I were you, and closely watch for any signs of illness.

Diseases be carried on dust so close proximity, even without direct contact, is still a risk. Chickens can carry diseases without showing symptoms that can badly affect game birds. So it's a risk you have to weigh up for yourself.

Like I said I'm trying to get something built for them. I really need to post a picture of my set up for you guys to see the full effect. But they are pretty far I think and they are on my porch with so. I hope air movement.

Back
Top Bottom