Chickens not getting along with peacock and peahen

peacock teen

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2016
I have gotten two peacocks recently one is 3-months and is a white peahen and one is a pied boy who is 4-5 months. There new pen is a third of the way done and they are temperarily living with the chicken i figured i would finish it around the end of the winter if they could get along but they arent the peacock is always hiding in the corner and wont eat unless food is brought to him and the white one love the company but she follows them around and eats the food they eat getting pecked every time she gets in the way (mainly by the rooster).
Any tips to get them to get along?

How big is your chicken pen? It is quite possible that your peas are agitated because they don't have enough room to move freely.

By the way, if your avatar is your peagirl, she's not a white pea, she's a Black Shoulder!
big_smile.png

It's probably because the peas were introduced to the chickens after the chickens had all their territories figured out and peck order established. You're probably going to have to remove the peas before the rooster kills them since once birds start picking on each other it doesn't really stop unless they're simultaneously introduced to a completely new pen.

I have a lot of room for their pen but i have 18 chickens so it could get crowded i have neighbors around me so my chickens and peafowl cant be freerange but sometimes i let my chickens out and leave my peafowl in the pen so my peafowl get the space to themselves for at least three hours a day. I will finish up that pen because i want my peafowl safe, thank for the info!

Back
Top Bottom