Chicks are babies too...

Johnhutch

Chirping
Jan 18, 2016
Well this is definitely not a easy task to take lightly. Raising chicks is like raising a child, defenseless, needing glots of supervision and care. Yet it's an experience I'm glad I chose. I've had my ups and downs. Started out with 10 babies and 10 junior pullets and have lost more than I care to say. With each day I learn something new. I finally made a water dispenser for the coop, which is a whole lot easier as I have a well with no spicket to attach a hose to. My babies are thriving nicely and my Juniors though still a bit skiddish (they run hide ever time I enter their coop) I'm hopeful that eventually they will let me pick them up as they become more familiar with me. I'm still looking to add to my flock and hopefully to make some fellow hen enthusiast too...

So I started out with 14 day old chicks from TSC and they have trample each other and have 10 now, I had to move my 4 wk olds to outside brooder because the babies annoyed them it appeared. My plan is not working out all that great. On top of that I got 2 Wyandotte that are 4 wks old that all of sudden can barely walk. Not sure what happen...over my head...

Back
Top Bottom