Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Golden Laced Wyandotte

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Silver Laced Wyandotte

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Barred Plymouth Rock

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
IMO you can't go wrong with an easter egger. Cute, friendly and lays lots of colorful eggs. Not on here, but IMO ameraucanas are really cool too, I got some non-purebred ones in june and I fell in love with the breed more than I thought I would, so much so I'm going to get a few in spring along with some green queens

So far Buff Orpingtons, Easter Eggers, and Barred Rocks have the leed. Also, I am just trying to get this thread back up again, to see if things change a bit! 🥰😊🐔

I didn't vote. I have silver laced Wyandottes. They are cranky, unfriendly (not aggressive, just don't give a damn), Hostile to other chickens, and to my eye, gorgeous. They lay really consistently. I would not recommend these prima donnas to anyone, unless, like me, you think they are too gorgeous to live without.
Mine too. An awful chicken.

I choose Orpington and Easter Egger. The former is known to be friendly and have a calm temperament, along with going broody very often if you wish for them to hatch out their own chicks. They are also cold hardy. You could get practically anything with an Easter Egger, since they are a mixed breed, but the common ones with a beard and muffs and slate/willow legs are one of my top favorite breeds. They are friendly and smart, though they tend to get flighty when they grow up, so be sure to spend time with them! And of course, blue and green eggs are always a plus!

Back
Top Bottom