Chicks hatching on 20th day

Cheetah Chicks

Chirping
May 28, 2022
I am incubating 7 eggs for the first time.The first one hatched today at 1 GMT and today is the 20th day. Secone one hatched at 7.15 GMT. I have 5 chickens , 8 months old and out of them 3 are cockerel. One of the hen died due to heart failure from fox attack,so in her memory, i decided to hatch her eggs.

So, it appears that they are hatching on 20th day. Is it good or bad?

I dont have a heating lamp,it wont arrive tomorrow and i need to remove the first chick tomorrow.

What shall i do?

Gratefully yours
Noble

Chicks hatch when they hatch. 21 days is just a guideline but they can hatch sooner or later. Do you have anything that can substitute temporarily for a heating lamp? A strong bulb on a desk lamp may do the trick, but test it out with a thermometer first, and try to get it so the chick cannot touch the lamp.

I have placed them in an IKEA plastic container lined up with two natural rubber water warmer ,, placed lavender wood shavings and some forest flowers,hay etc. and heating them frok the top with the hair dryer . And another one hatched today.

I have inserted a thermometer inside and the temperature is 35 Celsius. The Brinsea Heat lamp will arrive soon.
IMG-20230313-WA0008.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom