Chick's leg!!!!!!!!!!

I have a baby chick ( 5-6 days old) from TSC . I bought them wed. and friday morning noticed one has a limp and dont use her right leg and usually is laying down except when the others ( I bought 10 ) run by her and hit her she stands but only for a few seconds. she is eating , drinking and pooping good. I give her special attention and have thought about putting a smaller box in the brooder for her so she is not getting trampled so much. And the other thing that is very weird to me is the right foot and leg seems to have stopped growing! its smaller than the left. any ideas of whats going on with my baby chick?? any info is appreciated , thank you

Our 10 new chicks were hatched on 3/31. Today (4/3) we noticed one of them is not using it's left leg. Leg appears to be ok with no apparent injuries or cuts. She stands on her right foot and will occasionally balance herself with her left wing. She doesn't move as much as the others - but we believe that is just because she only has one useable leg. She is not being picked on. She is eating, pooping, and napping like the others. Should we isolate her or just keep a watch for now? Or any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom