chicks pecking at other chicks

If that is the case the chicks are certainly too small to go into a coop with full grown chickens and thats why they were pecked. They also still need a different feed than adult chickens. Hope this helps.

It's called pecking order. They have a new place and they need to establish who get's what space. It's got out of hand, so you did the right thing to separate them for a bit. Use red lights instead of a white light, that reduces the pecking because they can't see as well. Make sure they have enough room to get away from each other and put bactine or coal tar on the spots of the chickens being pecked.

They hate the taste and will peck once and stop. Good luck

IM not sure about bactine as I have not used it but coal tar didn't effect them at all. I even went to the feed store and bought Hot Pic for $8 and it did not faze them.

I personallt think you should remove the culprits and isolte them in a cage for about a week so the others can settle in. Then when you reintroduce the bullies they will be at the bottom of the pecking order and probably won't be so aggressive.

What breed of chickens are these ?

Vicks Vapor rub works as well! the smell and taste they dont like but dont put to much so as not to cause resp problems.

Back
Top Bottom