Chicks shaking their head

Mburrows6653

Chirping
Jul 24, 2022
Hello everyone! I hatched chicks last week, they are currently 5 days old. They are in my house in a brand new brooder, never exposed to outside or my other chickens. They all shake their heads a lot and I hear sneezes but no discharge observed. Is this ok/normal? Why would they do this? Thanks in advance.

What kind of bedding are you using?
What type of food?
Is your home humid?
I’m using pine shavings, they are eating chick crumble, and yes, it’s been a week of 100+ days where I live, so the house/room they are in is very warm/humid. I unfortunately can’t control that. They’re in a room with no AC, but I only turn their heater/lamp on in the nights and they can go under it or move away from it.

Do you have Vetrx? If so, I would use the slightest drop to olive oil and rub on the top of the beak in nostril area and in the place where a combe would develop. TINY TINY TINY amount, use a qtip if possible. Please delute delute delute the vetrx. Adding it to the oil delutes it.
I know about the heat, we live in a desert area, so we are low humidity.

Do you have Vetrx? If so, I would use the slightest drop to olive oil and rub on the top of the beak in nostril area and in the place where a combe would develop. TINY TINY TINY amount, use a qtip if possible. Please delute delute delute the vetrx. Adding it to the oil delutes it.
I know about the heat, we live in a desert area, so we are low humidity.
I do have vetrx. I can try that. It is very humid here also because we’ve had weird summer storms, so that may be contributing to it. They’re all eating/drinking great. It just concerns me bc I have had chicks sneezing before, but not this constant head shaking.
Thank you for your reply and info! It’s appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom