Chicks shipped monday...still not here

I was hoping that was the case. Were they there long or just from this morning?
Just this morning. I called the post office yesterday, and then went there in the afternoon just to make sure there wasn't a mixup. I even left them the correct phone number when I was there! But they went with the number on the invoice. Can't blame them. It was a different lady this morning than yesterday afternoon.

Similar story with our chicks. They were shipped on Mon from MI to NV. The tracking kept showing that they were in Chicago. I called the hatchery and they assured me that the USPS tracking system stinks. On Tue afternoon we went to the local PO to let them know we were expecting chicks. They told us they had been receiving chick orders and it would be no problem. I left them a big sheet of paper with our name, address, phone number and they hung it up on the wall over the sorting area. Wed no call, Thur no call. Sent my husband over there at 10am on Thur and there was the box just sitting there. He got it into our warm truck and I spent two hours warming those birds up. Two of the 26 were DOA. We have since lost 7 more. I have never lost that many chicks before. The order was supposed to ship the second week in Feb. I wonder how the hatcheries accommodate filling the back orders when the PO would not let them ship due to temps. Then with the delay in the postal system these days... I'm sad for what these little birds have gone thru.

Back
Top Bottom