chicks

My chicks are still very perky, and one has started to walk, though a bit wobbly! I put one in a large plant pot yesterday and he started scratching around, he really enjoyed himself in the sun. I brought him in after about twenty minutes, the exercise did him good. I had the other one out too, and she began to stand up, today they seem stronger, but it's raining, so can't put them out. I am going to put soil and sand in a box inside , so they can continue to scratch, it seems to help a lot. They are still eating and drinking well, I have one in her invalid narrow basket, so she can't roll over, when she wants to eat or drink, she whistles for me, or when I need to clean up for her.
Yes, it has kept me tied to the house, but it is worth it to see them getting stronger. I will update again. My motto is, "never give up"
jumpy.gif

WOW !!! And here I thought I was the best, most dedicated Mother Hen around...lol !!! My hat's off to you!
clap.gif
I'm not sure I could do all that and keep my sanity (the little I have left, anyway)! Your chicks are so lucky to have you! I hope they keep improving!

Thank you mightymax .... They are just the same today, I look on them as invalids lol
smile.png

To update my chicks ... The little cockerel is walking well, seems like a full recovery, I put him with the others, but he got chased, so brought him back in. I had to separate, him from my little chick Phoebe, he is a little terror, he kept trying to mate with her! She is now trying to walk, which is an improvement, but she loves attention and has me run ragged, now she wants picked up for a cuddle! She has her own wee basket, where I keep her propped up in a neck pillow. I let them both dust bath if it is sunny. I also gave them both a warm bath with Epsom salts added. They really enjoyed their "spa" lol Now that Asher is running about, I put him out on the patio, where he can see his siblings, but he comes back to the doors to be let in, after a short time.
Hopefully by the next update, Phoebe will be walking too!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom