Chinese Blue Breasted Quail (Button Quail) Color Varieties

My new colour
Pied red breasted hens have 2 now. Really like it white spotty backs love something different

891df27e.jpg

0f982b3b.jpg

My blue faced are they all cocks?

622b9b62.jpg

2 on the left ones cinnamon
b60a8f11.jpg

One in food bowl and bottom left.

Not got a good enough picot other 2

If rust bum feathers is it male?

Thankyou for your help

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase this exact color quail? when people tell me they have chinese blue breast quail none of them look like the one in the picture. I really would like to buy a pair for myself. Am I not calling it the right name? I want this exact color

I have a pair of these but my male has no bib.. Yes he's a male they have hatched eggs .. matter of fact she is sitting on 10 eggs now ;)
So I don't know what the difference is between the bibs & the name as far as Chinese blue breasted ... The last hatch I even got some silvers!!!

It will be hard to get this exact coloring as buttons are so inbred that you sometimes do not know what will hatch until it does.
The photo is just a regular Blue breasted. It looks like the photo was brightened a bit but if the light is right they can be pretty blue breasted.
Good luck on your hunt.

I am really new to breeding birds, but right now I have an aviary of assorted birds. One aviary has a Silver Red-Breasted Male Button Quail, and 3 females. We're pretty sure one female is a CINNAMON, but not positive. And we have two other females.

One (first pic) we think is a wild or a wild red-breasted hen????

The second I thought was a Wild, but now looking at other pictures it's possibly a GOLDEN PEARL?

Any advice is great, because the second has laid 5 eggs (one might be from the cinnamon though) and I'd like to know what sort of babies we're going to get :)

Can anyone tell me the sex of these two King Quail??

The silver male has a very clear white patch, and the brown has a tan one, but they don't look like complete 'bibs' (nothing like my big boy). They were sold as females, but I have doubts. Is it more likely that these are immature males?

Thanks!
Sarah

Back
Top Bottom