Chinese goose egg - how many days until hatch?

Watching this one learning to eat has been sooooo stressful, like, how does it manage to trip itself over through the sheer effort of wrestling with a tiny nappa cabbage leaf???

I know they’re good for two days without food, but this one’s been trying to eat since this morning. I think it’s finally managed to swallow something. what an awkward little creature…

Attachments

• FC1479A2-E5A8-4499-AD99-4596C5DBE573.jpeg
    FC1479A2-E5A8-4499-AD99-4596C5DBE573.jpeg
    514.6 KB · Views: 3
Just an update on the status of the little one. he only seems to want to eat greens… it seems to be written in its genes. When I put him on grass for the first time, he immediately went to nom on grass blades and clover. Of course he’s too weak to break off a piece and honestly reminds me of my grandma when she’s trying to eat without her dentures, but fascinating never the less!

Final Egg begun draw down!
Timeline so far… Have also confirmed that these are indeed chinese geese. I attempted vent sexing, and either Im bad at it, or i have a girl…

Egg 1
6/16 - Draw down
6/19 - internal pip(?)
6/20 - external pip
6/21 - hatch

Egg 2
6/23 - Draw down

Egg3
6/24 - Draw down

Final Egg begun draw down!
Timeline so far… Have also confirmed that these are indeed chinese geese. I attempted vent sexing, and either Im bad at it, or i have a girl…

Egg 1
6/16 - Draw down
6/19 - internal pip(?)
6/20 - external pip
6/21 - hatch

Egg 2
6/23 - Draw down

Egg3
6/24 - Draw down
You may want to wait until the geese are older to vent sex them, you may find it easier.

Just an update on the status of the little one. he only seems to want to eat greens… it seems to be written in its genes. When I put him on grass for the first time, he immediately went to nom on grass blades and clover. Of course he’s too weak to break off a piece and honestly reminds me of my grandma when she’s trying to eat without her dentures, but fascinating never the less!
S/he'll be ripping that grass up like a pro in no time at all. They're hardwired to eat grass, and it shows. 😊

Back
Top Bottom