Chocolate colored chickens

LilPeeps & DT- Do you have photos of them? I raise or have raised all the breeds you listed and have never seen a Chocolate colored one. If there are this many breeds there should be photos somewhere!

Urban- I would say a milk chocolate. A bird that is an overall chocolate color thru out the whole body- hackles, breast, back, tail. There are other birds that are "chocolate colored"- muscovies, calls, runners, turkeys, guineas.

An example of a chocolate colored bird would be on
http://www.porterturkeys.com/chocolate.htm

Not like dark chocolate as that is usually black based, and white chocolate to me is just white.

If anyone has crossbred chickens that are chocolate colored also please post them.

Thank you
Randy

Not trying to argue, but there are no recognized chocolate chickens in the APA. You might get chocolate color in some birds, but not pure-breds.
wink.png

Henk69 that is a gorgeous rooster- but why does it list him as a FAWN SILVER DUCKWING on your website? His chest color looks more silver to me that a brown/chocolate color. I am looking for birds that are solid chocolate color- as the patterns like duckwing- create a multicolored bird. You have some excellent photos on your site- awesome plants and I wish I had some of the birds listed.

moduckman- Thank you I didn't think Chocolate was a recognized color- which leads me to believe there are not many true CHOCOLATE colored birds in the USA. The Chocolate Orp pics are from the UK also.

L&S- no matter how many of those chocolate chicks (& bunnies) I buy at Easter- they never seem to last very long around here! LOL!

Thanks everybody for helping- I had a couple chickens that hatched this summer that when feathered out are what I would consider- "chocolate colored". I have raised ALOT of breeds & colors of chickens, attended ALOT of swap meets and have visited other poultry farms in over 25 states and have not seem much for Chocolate colored chickens. I lost one of the 2 Chocolates I had- I will try to get photos of the other.

Randy

Back
Top Bottom