Chocolate colored chickens

Quote:
Send me an email.. For someone seriously working on chocolate coloured silkies, I would be willing to supply some chocolates. Not perfect, but it is a project.

Quote:
Like Smoothmule, I, too am working towards a solid chocolate rooster...I have two chocolate boys, but they are not without other color genes, as well as two splits that I am working with. I also have several dark chocolate hens (solid), and everything chocolate, from milk to latte to mocha to dark to hershey to mottled...I even have a white chocolate from a chocolate x chocolate pairing!
lol.png
Working towards a solid chocolate roo is slow going, made even slower since I'm working with the frizzled gene! I'm also working with a closed flock...Here are a few examples, all unposed...

29496_snicker_doodle_1.jpg

29496_rolo_and_the_triplets.jpg

29496_count_chocula.jpg

29496_serama_rooster_11.jpg

29496_abby_1.jpg

29496_lauren_1.jpg

29496_gabrielle_1.jpg

29496_amaretto_3.jpg

29496_monique.jpg

Last edited:
I think everyone has some very nice looking birds on here.its nice to see everyone sharing info and pictures. I would not normally be interested in seramas( my hubby would need 100 eggs at breakfast) but those are beautiful ! And i hope to see the chocolate silkies sooon. Can't wait.

I have Chocolate orpingtons in large and bantams - a pure chocolate, not a dun. They must have chocolate legs and beaks too, in other words, chocolate all over!!!

P1020914.jpg

P1030634.jpg

P1020892.jpg

There are chocolate Bantam orpingtons in your country, they have been in your country for 2 years now. Sandy

D.gif

I have a rather large black Serama rooster and he has the chocolate hens right now so I hope there is one or two larger cockerels from that hatch (all will be split for chocolate) and then I will be starting a project to make some chocolate Araucana's, rumpless and tufted. I have 2 double tufted/rumpless black hens from my black pen that I'll use.

Yes I am the top breeder in England of Sultans, I also have white bantam yokohamas as well. Sandy

D.gif

Back
Top Bottom