Chocolate Eggers

EOD Daddy

Chirping
Sep 14, 2023
I hope this is in the right spot as I see no forum just for laying hens? As you might guess I am new to the site. My question is does anyone have Chocolate Eggers from Freedom Ranger Hatchery? These are a cross between a Maran Rooster and a RIR hen. Supposedly lay a darker egg but more than a regular Maran?
Any opinions on these hens? If you have them how many eggs do you get on average? What are their personalities like? I am wanting to use them mostly for my use and to tell their eggs from my RIR and meat bird eggs for hatching.

Thank You,
Art

I hope this is in the right spot as I see no forum just for laying hens? As you might guess I am new to the site. My question is does anyone have Chocolate Eggers from Freedom Ranger Hatchery? These are a cross between a Maran Rooster and a RIR hen. Supposedly lay a darker egg but more than a regular Maran?
Any opinions on these hens? If you have them how many eggs do you get on average? What are their personalities like? I am wanting to use them mostly for my use and to tell their eggs from my RIR and meat bird eggs for hatching.

Thank You,
Art
I searched BYC for any info and didn't see any, so I went to Freedom Ranger Hatchery's site and found 'em. Maybe you didn't scroll way down, but try see if some of that info helps as they describe some of the questions you have, such as eggs and temperament.

https://www.freedomrangerhatchery.com/shop/product/chocolate-egger/

Back
Top Bottom